- Head of Engineering
● Head of Product and Technology
● Product Manager
● Design and implement new features and enhancements using modern JS, HTML, CSS and PHP
● Experience with Blade templates and Laravel an advantage
● Fix bugs assigned during the sprint planning process.
● Design code, innovate and solve complex problems inherent in operating a high scale classifieds platform.
● Play a key role in reviewing and approving the work of your peers as part of the software development process.
● Use prescribed tools and work according to the established ROAM software development process.
● A functional understanding of theory, and excellent debugging skills.
● Familiar with React and Redux
● Experience with Gulp and Webpack build tools
● Ability to optimize application code for web performance and accessibility
● Team player and willing to go beyond the call of duty when the need arises, including ad-hoc longer work hours as per business requirements
● Work closely with UI and UX team to translate designs into code.
● Participate in the scrum process and daily stand-ups.
● Deliver high quality software according to agreed timelines
● Seasoned communicator as regards technical and business/ functional aspects of assigned work.
● Be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
● Tenacity and the ability to solve complex software bugs.
● Keep abreast with industry trends, new technologies and best practice in the software development space.
● Constantly innovate and raise the bar of software quality.
● Proactively improve products, systems, processes
● Head of Engineering
● Product Manager
● Quality Assurance team
● UI and UX team.
● Team mates
Skills and competencies
● Minimum 3+ years experience in software development
● Firm grasp of Laravel framework (v5.0 and later) with a focus on Blade templating and highly competent in software design patterns
● Understanding of Tailwind CSS framework.
● Proficiency in MySQL, Redis, Memcached and related storage technologies advantageous..
● Experience with Continuous Integration, Git and Linux.
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Able to work with a diverse team which includes remotely located staff and developers.
● Ability to explain technical matters to non-technical staff