INTERIOR ARCHITECT WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILL
As our interior architect you are required to:
· Create project designs and drawings using sketches and architectural software for presentation
· Be skilled in the use of light, color and textures in a space.
· Draft plans to create or refinish spaces in private homes or commercial buildings with clients' tastes in mind. Each job may require interaction with different clients, additional architects or designers, construction teams and inspectors. In creating plans for a space, ability to take into account interior construction, lighting and furnishings is very essential. Must be conversant with the federal, state and local building regulations so the designs are up-to-code.
· Be part of the building or remodeling process from beginning to end.
At the initial meetings, it is the interior architect's job to listen to the wants and needs of the client and make building suggestions. Ability to also get a feel for the space is crucial.
· After the initial consultations, the interior architect drafts design plans. These plans may show placement of walls, windows, doors, plumbing, electrical systems, ventilation, structural accents and possibly furnishings. Ability to use computer drafting programs, such as computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) and building information modeling (BIM), for this step is essential.
- Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs
- Place orders for materials and oversee installing the design elements
- Supervise all project stakeholders to ensure client’s is satisfaction.
Project Management skill
As our Project Manager you perform a wide range of duties including but not limited to all of the following:
Plan the project
· Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
· Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
· Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
· Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
· Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
· Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Staff the project
· In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or artisans with appropriate skills for the project activities
· Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
· Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
· Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
· Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
Implement the project
· Execute the project according to the project plan
· Develop forms and records to document project activities
· Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
· Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
· Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
· Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Evaluate the project
· Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
· Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Skills and Competencies
ü As a key member of the design team, you must be a strong team player, with great communication and managerial skills
ü Very creative
ü Great eye for interior details
ü Vast knowledge on wood works and furniture
ü Must have a vast experience on building or renovation works
ü Must be able to read blueprints, understand building codes, and must be a strong technical designers with experience delivering interior designs to meet brand and operational standards. Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, CAD and Sketch Up are prerequisites
ü Completion of Bachelor or Master’s level Architecture program
ü Project management certification is a must
ü Previous experience in furniture manufacturing or Interior Design Company is an added advantage.
ü 5 -10 year experience is required.
Note: Please, do not apply if you do not meet the above criteria’s.