We are recruiting for the position of an Interior Architect who will specialize in designing and building interiors and exteriors for safety, functionality and aesthetics. It is important that you not only understand the durability and strength of building materials, but also be skilled in the use of light, color and textures in a space.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Develop initial ideas and acquire key information about potential projects, discuss requirements in detail with clients (the brief) and set project schedules; produce 'sample' or 'mood' boards to present to clients.
- Prepare detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models, and schemes, often using computer-aided design (CAD) software to survey buildings.
- Understand clients' briefs and the needs of the people using the building to develop design concepts and establish final briefs.
- Consider materials and costs according to budgets and negotiate project fees.
- Work closely with quantity surveyors to establish costs and work schedules on larger projects, with architects and other design professionals to determine the best use of space, and with manufacturers and contractors.
- Drafting of design plans; plans will show the placement of walls, windows, doors, plumbing, electrical systems, furnishings, etc.
- Awareness of federal, state, and local building regulations so their designs are up-to-code.
- Source products, e.g., fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration, and dressing, and provide samples for clients; work in a team with other designers and suppliers.
- Act as a project manager for the client throughout the construction stage, coordinating the design on site and managing the construction team.
- Identify new businesses and sell services to potential clients.
- Responsible for other responsibilities as may be assigned by the director.
- Minimum first degree in architecture, interior architecture, or interior design.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, SketchUp, or similar design software.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.