Job Position Summary:
Responsible for leading a design team together with the development team to ensure the delivery of new designs
from the concept stage to the development of prototypes through to finished products ready for manufacture. Drive
creative thinking, ensure customer needs are considered and collaborate with the operations team to ensure
products are designed for efficient manufacture.
Role and Responsibilities:
● Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies,
processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
● Ability to capture and specify the design requirements and the development and validation needed to
deliver successful systems, products, and components to meet/exceed the customer’s specifications
● Lead the team to create a range of 3D models for a number of proposal/production and development
systems, products, and components using CAD.
● Present design, costs, changes, and budgetary information effectively to senior board members and
customers and provide regular progress updates
● Liaise closely with all departments to fully understand design requirements
● Respond to Requests for Quotation (RFQs) from the Sales team
● Create initial feasibility studies
● Conceptualize new designs and design revisions.
● Report on the achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
● Take design from concept to prototype to rollout stage for all new products
● Suggest new more efficient methods of production of current products
● Monitor production for adherence to quality standards and reports any deviation
● Manages relationship with external production vendors to ensure adherence to quality, timely delivery and
● Able to demonstrate experience of working with relevant products
● Comfortable with hands-on engineering and possess strong knowledge of
● production processes
● Good eye for detail
● A representative of best practice
● Leadership, motivation and man-management skills
● Proven project management skills
● Excellent communication skills
● Integrity and strong commercial capability
● Ability to build strong relationships
● Strong knowledge of materials and their properties
● Working knowledge of factory machines and their capabilities
● Expert knowledge of Revit and Sketch-up
● Ability to generate cut lists
● BSc. or MSc., In Architecture, Engineering or related field
● Project management training and certification.
● Minimum 3 years experience in a furniture or industrial production environment