Job Competency Requirements
- Ability to plan, design and program logic that runs within a database, create database objects, secure a database and create reports, audit database activities, document procedures and ensure database best practice for a FinTech Startup company
- Ability to design database, implement database in accordance to end user’s information needs and views, define users, establish their needs, enable data distribution to the right user and monitor user access and security, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Ability to recommend, design and implement infrastructure solutions, tools and processes that are reliable and secure for a FinTech space.
- Ability to troubleshoot servers, workstations and version control system and assist with deployment tasks involving data transfers, servers, networking, storage, operating systems and applications.
- Ability to determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Ability to maintain, monitor database efficiency and performance, manage parameters, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Ability to sustain the security and integrity, manage disaster recovery of the Company’s databases by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information technology, or a related field with a minimum of four year’s focused post qualification work experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications and in-depth knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, and SQL is important.
- Relevant certifications are desirable (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator; Microsoft SQL Server Certification; Oracles Database Administrator; Oracle Certified Professional.