• Use classification software to allocate appropriate clinical codes for data examination.
• Implement an effective electronic health record and health management information system.
• Analyses problems, determines causes and initiates corrective action.
• Provide in-service and other forms of continuing education of software and hardware to staff
• Analyses, develops, and maintains computer applications, procedures, and other systems that satisfy the needs of the facility
• Reviews, evaluates and implements requests from other staff.
• Develop necessary documentation, including system testing and evaluation, documentation, user manuals, operating instructions, information standards, confidentiality standards, policies, and procedures
• Analyse computer information systems and identify areas for improvement.
• Ensure system use, data input, and retrieval policies and procedures are followed.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in information management, computer science of healthcare administration. (Master’s degree in health informatics preferred)
• CPHIMS/CAHIMS certification preferred.
• 2 years’ work experience in a similar health facility
• Project management skills.
• Problem solving, analysis skills.
• Time management skills.
• Should possess excellent communication skills
• Should possess excellent interpersonal and people management skills.