The Client is looking to hire an IT Administrator who will be for implementing and maintaining hardware, software and other IT systems assets owned by the company as well as provide technical support to company staff on issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance and operation of all IT hardware and software assets of the company;
- Plan and perform appropriate preventative maintenance by ensuring regular contractual maintenance on all essential equipment to ensure minimum downtime;
- Provides staff assistance in the use of computer hardware, software, and specialised mainframe technology;
- Upgrade and update hardware/software to meet user requirements to increase productivity and maintain stability;
- Ensures maximum availability of all computer systems throughout the company, including hardware, networks, IT security and telecommunications;
- Identifies opportunities and threats from emerging technology and upgrades IT infrastructure appropriately;
- Installs software and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals;
- Provides 1st line technical support and problem analysis/rectification;
- Manages the resolution of in-house IT issues, and makes recommendations for external specialist support where appropriate;
- Sustain stock of IT consumables as required to maintain daily operations of all IT equipment.
- Monitors and maintains IT systems to guarantee the integrity and security of company data;
- Maintains networking infrastructure;
- Maintains systems, databases and web pages;
- Perform otherIT related ad-hoc projects as/when assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related Degree;
- CCNP(Cisco Certified Network Professional) /MCP(Microsoft Certified Professional)
- Relevant Certification in IT Service Management
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Excellent Communication skills – written, oral and presentation.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software systems;
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN or Internet Network Administration (Load Balancing, Switching,Routers, Firewalls);
- Knowledge of network security architecture (IDS/IDP, Firewalls, Domain Servers,Proxy Servers etc
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Detail Oriented;
- Able to multitask and work under minimal supervision;
- Hands on and able to roll up sleeves to get things done.