Main duties and responsibilities:
- Administer all import and export of BD products and supervise the movement of products between Nigeria and other countries.
- Manage distribution of all delivery products to various geographical locations efficiently.
- Oversee handling of all BD products and ensure safety in all transportation and design cost-effective methods for same and analyze best means of transport for all products as per customer requirement in coordination with Sales Coordinator.
- Collaborate with senior management and ensure compliance with all trade regulations and changes.
- Monitor implementation of sales department operations and ensure compliance to all regulations for department and subsidiaries and adhere to all standards for import and export goods and establish all targets and streamline processes to incorporate all government regulations.
- To ensure that all items are shipped, transported and received in a safe, secure, cost-efficient, and expedient manner
- Prepare required reports and maintain an efficient import and export classification databases and ensure accuracy in the same and ensure compliance with all regulations. Keep in touch with freight forwarders professional from logistics companies.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- The manager is also responsible for the penalties that may occur if the rules and regulations are violated. Any delays in the shipment need to be notified to the customer by the Sales Coordinator in the company with the coordination of Import and Export manager. The Import and Exports Manager should check whether there are opportunities for lowering the cost of the freight forwarding and shipment charges. Issues related to time zone delays also need to be managed by the Import-Export manager Assist in ensuring the adequacy of sales-related equipment or material. Assist the Sales Coordinator for the processing of all orders with accuracy and timeliness
Required skills and qualifications, experience:
Educational Qualification Required:
- University graduate (supply chain management, business management or related field)
Minimum Experience Required: 5+years'
- Strong communication skill to communicate with customs agents, shippers and vendors. Excellent management & organizational skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Has the knowledge of import & export laws and regulations.
- Must be fluent in the English language, and the candidate location in Lagos.
- Independent way of working, commitment to working efficiently and accurately
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Professional manner and strong ethical code
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately
- Detailed Oriented
- Numeracy Skills Organization Skills and Time
- Management Skills
- Computer Skills Communication Skills
- Customer Service Knowledge of customer profiles
Type of skill/competence
- Assertiveness Sense of responsibility
- Flexibility Independence & decision-making
- Critical faculty Reliability Tolerance
- Teamwork Communication Conflict resolution Persuasiveness