- Reporting to Manager- Import and Export, this role assists in the process for importing and exporting material, making transportation arrangements,matching invoices, handling expedites when necessary, bills of lading and other shipping documentation and invoices used at manufacturing facilities.
- Operates and inputs data into a computer.
- Additional duties are performed by the individual holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives purchase orders and arranges for transportation.
- Contacts forwarding agents to instruct in the transportation of products and to provide information for their preparation of Bills of Lading or other documentation.
- Verifies accuracy of forwarder’s and supplier’s invoices.
- Enters sales, purchase, freight, product and regulations data into SAP
- Prepares all necessary shipping documentation for import/export and domestic shipments
- : invoices, packing lists, certificates of analysis, TSCA, Hazardous Material List, R&D Notification Letter, Import Instruction Letter
- Calculates and reports harbor maintenance fees.
- Corresponds with or calls customers, suppliers, forwarders and others concerning the transportation of products, referring unusual matters to supervisor.
- Complies daily with all chemical regulations as indicated by management
- Files damage or loss claims with the insurance company
- Manages Certificates of Analysis for all materials
- Participates in the monthly, quarterly and year-end close in Accounting
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum Qualification: HND (Relevant business field)
- Candidate should have minimum 5-8 years of work experience.