Agri-Food Industry Organizations (AFIOs) have been driving an inclusive transformation of the agricultural sector for decades and are well established to address future challenges of the sector including population growth, increasing food quality standards, urbanisation, and climate change.
Bopinc will lead a 5 - year accelerator program for AFIOs in Nigeria, Ethiopia, and Tanzania that aims to:
- Create a vibrant network of interconnected AFIOs
- Effectively capitalise on market opportunities through the identification and support of joint opportunities for growth.
- Champion Inclusive Agricultural Transformation (IAT) so that value chains are more inclusive and benefit smallholder farmers, women, and other excluded groups.
- Lead a multi-year, multi-country (Nigeria, Ethiopia, Tanzania) accelerator project funded by a leading international donor.
- Manage and lead a consortium of three implementing partners, with Bopinc acting as the lead partner.
- Coordinate the involvement of Bopinc technical advisors from global BopInc offices, ensuring the technical expertise of these advisors is optimally used within the program on topics such as innovation, behavioural change, last-mile distribution, and women entrepreneurship
- Manage, build and motivate a distributed team of 5-10 staff members located across four countries.
- Manage budget and ensure timely, quality, and consistent reporting on the same to the donor.
- Build on the program to support new business development opportunities in Agriculture & Nutrition.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in business administration, development economics, and/or agricultural economics
- Deep knowledge and experience in the broader agribusiness sector in Africa. Experience in Agri-food policy/advocacy is a plus
- Experience (5+ years) managing multi-country, multi-year programs with large donors
- Experience in implementing projects in consortia with other organizations
- Experience in (virtual) program management in an international environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong ability to work with diverse stakeholders; government, development players, large multinationals, rural small entrepreneurs
- Ability and willingness to travel to other program markets (Ethiopia, Tanzania).
- A motivated, multidisciplinary, and culturally diverse team of professionals
- A culture of dedication to delivery whilst also ensuring creativity and innovativeness
- Market-based remuneration and conditions
- Flexible office hours and opportunity to work from home
- International travel to connect to our global team at least once year
- Bopinc actively promotes diversity & inclusion. Women and people of colour are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Location: Nigeria.
Application Deadline: November 5, 2021
The preferred resumption date: December 1, 2021.