Admin and compliance:
- Implements and administrates all HR policies & procedures guiding Jumia companies (onboarding, contracts, internal policies, immigration, leave management, payroll, offboarding);
- Ensures admin processes are running smoothly;
- Manages compliance to all HR (safety, health, other) and labour topics for all Jumia companies;
- Manages the HR & Admin team on a daily basis and in their development.
- Implements and administrates all HR policies & procedures guiding Jumia companies (recruiting, training, mobility, induction, retention, succession planning, talent management, PPR);
- Ensures processes are running smoothly;
- Implements and leads our performance management system (objective, performance-based and transparent);
- Uses data analysis to influence strategic decisions and to address organizational challenges to talent management;
- Promotes and coordinates initiatives that support organizational change;
- Drives the achievement of HR results by leveraging resources, developing performance standards, and results in planning and monitoring;
- Implements satisfaction/motivation barometers, measures, and acts accordingly;
- Suggests appropriate events to strengthen the sense of belonging;
- Manages employee relations (social bodies, employee satisfaction, health, and security);
- Manages culture and the office in general (IT, logistics, office initiatives, values dissemination, everyday life).
Coaching and advice:
- Improves the performance of others by empowering a strong leadership and coaching culture;
- Works closely with leadership to build, implement and enforce the HR initiatives (policies, programs, processes ...);
- Coaches managers to support and roll out people development efforts.
- Promotes feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes;
- Ensures HR practices are aligned with business needs and make recommendations to HR leadership when changes are appropriate;
- Provides input to the design and development of company-wide HR initiatives and ensures they are aligned with business needs;
Experience and Requirements:
- 8+ years experience, preferably in technology, Retail, or FMCG environment within the corporate function.
- A clear understanding of local labor laws with regards to employee hiring and exit management.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning system e.g. Jobvite, PeopleHR, or Bamboo will be an added advantage.
- Experience in people strategy.
- People management skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment, growing at a very high rate
- A unique opportunity of discovering Africa and having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders