Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Recruitment and Retention:
- Develop and oversee a recruitment process.
- Review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Oversee all labour engagement for the company and manage the new hire orientation and exit process.
2. Compliance and Record-Keeping:
- Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in local conditions or labour laws.
- Manage timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing
- Create a staff file system, ensuring the accuracy of individual staff files and filing
3. Payroll and Budget:
- Coordinate with Finance Director in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Advice on appropriate staffing levels and assist in budget preparation.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the office.
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas and work permits as applicable
- Liaise with the facility management and follow up service charge management for the office
5. Training and Development and Performance Maintenance:
- Evaluate the need for employee training and development and make recommendations.
- Assist to coordinate the annual performance reviews.
6. Employee Relations:
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations issues &work to ensure human resources related decisions are consistent and fair.
- Master’s Degree in human resources or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the field of human resources
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Must be familiar with Nigeria specific laws and regulations governing Human Resources.
- Ability to work with managers to assess complex issues pragmatically.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, analyze situations and make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Married, Age range 38 to 45 years old