Play a critical role in the design and implementation of strategic initiatives to retain and grow our employees, support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:12 years
- Facilitate the development and implementation of comprehensive people management strategy and plans, with a focus on ensuring alignment with the company’s business strategy and mission-critical business objectives.
- Guide the continuous utilization of the company’s Performance Management framework in accurately assessing staff performance against agreed metrics and determining critical development needs.
- Engage productively with Heads of Business Units/Departments to develop Key Performance indicators (KPIs) for different job roles in the company and agree on measurable annual performance targets.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on all matters relating to employment legislation and staff contract issues to ensure that any liability exposures are minimized and/or managed in full compliance with relevant laws.
- Communicate human capital strategy and operating plans to business units and other functional areas a to ensure shared understanding of the people management support imperatives for achieving operational effectiveness and business success.
- Facilitate the design and implementation of the company’s people development and training strategies, plans, and programs to ensure identified capacity development needs are addressed with appropriate training interventions.
- Develop and provide guidance to Executive Management in the implementation of a career progression and effective succession planning system and supporting processes to ensure a robust and consistent pipeline of competent staff to fill jobs at the senior management level and other positions across the business.
- Define and maintain a competitive and merit-based compensation system to support the company’s strategy to become an employer of choice for quality talent.
- Facilitate the achievement and sustenance of industrial peace and harmony within the organization
- Coordinates the requirement and ensures the availability of talent for the business at every given time.
- Establishes a network of relationships with the employees and ensures that this improves efficiency across the businesses.
- Manages fairly and thoroughly all employees’ complaints and disciplinary processes in the business.
- Collaborates with departments to provide support and assistance in resolving conflicts, grievances, and ethical issues
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in any Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration disciplines etc.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience in a senior generalist role in a similar organization, out of which 5 years must have been in a managerial role.
- Professional certification in Human Resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPMN) or its equivalent (e.g., HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)), Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
- A relevant postgraduate degree (e.g., MSc in HRM, Management with HR focus, or MBA) would be an added advantage.
- A high degree of integrity, good Business understanding, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HR metrics.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Training methods and evaluation.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.