PRIMARY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide HR leadership and drive strategic and operational activities including Labor Relations, Recruiting & Staffing, Compensation & Benefits, Leadership Coaching, Employee Development and Performance Management.
- Create, maintain and revise job descriptions as needed.
- Analyze and maintain a competitive compensation program to attract qualified and talented individuals; conduct annual salary surveys as needed.
- Administer payroll in compliance with Company and Statutory guidelines. Develop, analyze, and update the company's annual salary budget.
- Manage the annual Performance Assessment process to ensure merit driven and high- performance organization, in partnership with line managers and provide coaching and guidance.
- Stays up to date on local employment legislation in order to maintain and revise the company's employee handbook policies and procedures in support of key business needs.
- Manage company benefits plans for a Company site, to include evaluating new benefit plans, enrollment administration and answering employee questions.
- Oversee recruitment efforts for plant personnel, including writing and placing job ads, conducting phone interviews and scheduling interviews with hiring managers.
- Conduct HR onboarding activities and perform exit interviews.
- Facilitate employee relations counseling sessions, prepare disciplinary write-ups, and coach managers on disciplinary process.
- Maintain and ensure all HR processes, policies & records relative to local and national statutory requirements are in place, while providing guidance and leadership to the business regarding regulatory interpretation and compliance.
- Provide HR leadership and ability to provide directiontoplant personnel on HR-related matters.
- Support the Plant Manager in the preparation of the Monthly O&M report and other periodic reports as required.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings
- Coordinate the training activities for the plant, working with line managers to identify, schedule and plan the training calendar.
- Maintain company directory and organizational charts
- Oversee the social and welfare calendar for the plant.
- Support PIC Corporate HR Department on all HR initiatives that affect the Company plant personnel.
- The HR Manager reports to thePlant Manager and works in harmony with the maintenance department, operations department, customer and the PIC corporate management team. The HR Manager has a dotted line reporting requirement to the PIC Corporate Vice President of HR and coordinates activities between corporate personnel, contractors and plant personnel on matters pertaining to HR policies. HR Manager is dedicated to the O&M conduct of training programs specified by the organization. Training types will include initial, qualification and recurring training. Training categories will include team communications, safety, environmental, technical, equipment, business and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems(CMMS).
- The successful candidate may be required to work extended hours including weekends and holiday, as necessary with the ability to handle quick changing situations under stress.
- Your key role would be supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems, providing counseling on policies and procedures, being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process. The goal of these requirements is so you'd provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers alike.
- You must be ready to support and develop talent through bringing up policies and managing procedures.
- The HR Manager must be a committed and approachable individual.
- Periodic travel to the PIC and/or customers corporate offices may be required to support plant business activities.
- This position will require a background check and a pre-employment drug screening.
Qualifications must include the following:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in business with a specialization in human resource management.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in an HR position with increasing responsibility, preferably in the power industry.
- A minimum of 2 years' prior experience in a Management capacity.
- Extensive experience in the use of personal computers and numerous software applications such as MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel internationally