Essential duties and key responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Establish a fit-for-purpose human resources function for the hospital, with relevant HR systems and processes to support this.
- Establish a performance management system that ensures objectivity in performance evaluations and rewards administration.
- Manage employee training and capacity building to ensure staff possess skills, attitudes, and behaviours that promote a high level of job performance.
- Manage the talent acquisition process including recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings and creating appropriate job descriptions.
- Effectively manage employee relations within the hospital, including ensuring open lines of communication across hierarchies.
- Manage disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Develop and update policies and procedures periodically.
- Ensure compliance with labour laws and other regulations relevant to employee matters.
- Administer employee benefits.
- Working with the leadership, ensure hospital culture and values are maintained and appropriately transmitted.
- Supervise the HR team and take responsibility for coaching and capacity-building of team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Membership of CIPM or any other accredited HR certification
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in the Human Resources function of a medium or large organization, during which candidate must have held responsibility for at least two core areas of HR.