KEY JOB FUNCTIONS Provide strategic legal guidance and counselling on a broad spectrum of employment law issues, including recruiting, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour, pay equity, internal investigations, compensation and benefits, privacy, contingent workers and immigration.
- Review, develop and maintain employment practices and policies and provide guidance on drafting and developing HR policies and procedures.
- Draft and review employment-related agreements, templates and employment contracts.
- Create, conduct, implement and provide guidance on labour and employment-related training and education of labour and employment-related topics.
- Investigate and respond to claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other employment-related inquiries.
- Ensure compliance of employment laws in jurisdictions M-KOPA operates in and Monitor developments of such laws to ensure continued compliance
- Participate and where necessary manage employment-related litigations against the organization working with outside counsel
- Handle discovery for litigation matters including collecting and reviewing documents, providing guidance to outside counsel and engaging in strategy discussions with internal and external counsel.
- Manage and/or provide counsel on employment-related investigations in partnership with human resources, internal audit, fraud or other departments
- Support special projects for the company, including but not limited to compliance, litigation management, reporting and other projects.
- Assist with employment-related due diligence, queries for transactions and from stakeholders
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS & COMPETENCIES/ LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Minimum 5 years labour and employment law experience
- Bachelor of Laws LLB ( UK qualified an added advantage)
- Managed employment counsel for different jurisdictions
- Employment litigation experience
- A practical, business-oriented approach and excellent communication skills with the ability to distil complex legal concepts into simple, actionable recommendations
- High level of integrity and professionalism