- Support the marine team with planning, coordinating, and implementing effective HSE policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure that the department objectives are met.
- Provide support to Project and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Ensure HSE compliance onshore and offshore and perform regular HSE audits in the areas of business and vessel operations.
- Attend pre-job, planning, and client meetings as required on HSE-related matters.
- Provide support to the dept on the implementation of Company-wide HSE initiatives eg.ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc.
- Assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements
- Ensure training, toolbox meetings, Job Safety Analysis, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s offshore training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc. Must be able to write the process for each of them.
- Investigate and complete the process for closeout of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned
- Manage Safety statistics reporting. Track and provide regular HSE performance reporting to the Dept head.
- Provide HSE aspects of Company Bid Submissions as requested
- Assist in the development of project-specific HSE procedures.
- Conduct HSE training and orientation to all new employees.
- Ensure all worksites are HSE compliant with Company policies and safety standards.
- Support offshore HSE personnel in the development of worksite HSE campaigns and good practices.
- Assist in ad-hoc HSE tasks/projects as required.
- Maintain records for HSEQ and share periodically with team members.
- Must be a team player. And should be able to think from a bigger picture perspective in implementing HSEQ policies in the base.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Diploma in Engineering, with specialization in QHSE or related discipline.
- Possess certification in NEBOSH
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Oil & Gas-Offshore Construction and Marine Industry.
- Knowledgeable in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OSHA 18001, ISM, ISPS standards, and HSE management systems is highly preferred.
- Strong passion in HSE.
- Good MS Office skills, particularly in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Able to work independently and meticulously (flexible hours).
- Must be willing to travel at short notice and go offshore.