As an HSE officer in Denver Building Services, you will be responsible for the health and safety of all staff and visitors on the DBS project site(s). Support in coordinating organizational activities and programs to assist in regulatory and organizational compliance improves safety programs and teamwork within the facility and organization.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Promotes safe practices at the job site and enforces safety guidelines.
- Support the execution of safety drills and exercises on all sites.
- Conducts investigations and writes reports of all accidents and near misses.
- Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
- Responds to all safety concerns within the site environment.
Management of overall Facility & Administrative function including:
- Performs inspections and witnesses’ tests applicable to construction activities to determine acceptability of work.
- Assists in maintaining correct and accurate work performance records, inspection records, and other related items.
- Responsible for the preparation/implementation of quality control procedures, i.e., inspection instructions, control measuring, test equipment, etc.
- Assists in reviewing purchase documents to ensure compliance with quality control requirements.
- Exercises authority to halt concealment of nonconforming work and activities.
- Participates in internal/external quality control audits.
- Performs additional assignments per the Site Operations manager’s direction.
- Review material submittals for contract compliance; upon arrival verifies the accuracy of material and ensure timely delivery to meet the project schedule.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and security regulations and policies.
- Liaise with HSE authorities to ensure full Safety compliance on all DBS sites.
- Responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of all staff under direct management and expected to contribute to the health and safety of all personnel in the overall business unit.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions.
- A good University degree in engineering, or any related discipline
- Any relevant certification in Health & Safety management will be added advantage
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of site experience
- Requires full understanding of local safety laws and regulations.
- Requires an understanding of work injuries, the investigation process to determine the cause, and the process to assess practical solutions.
- Must be physically fit, meet rigorous medical standards, and have the ability to wear breathing apparatus.
- Must be able to handle heights and enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to work in extremely hot and dusty conditions, and occasionally, conditions with high levels of noise.
- Must have knowledge in investigative procedures and report-writing.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, including planning, directing, and monitoring activities.
- Requires ability to remain calm, but able to direct others, in times of emergency.
Anticipated Outcomes of the Role:
- Internal customer satisfaction
- Turnaround time.
- Exposure of all concealment of non-compliant work done
- Level/frequency of user satisfaction
- Records management
- Personal Development plan achievement