- Establishes and promotes the maintenance of a safe, accident free and healthy work environment by performing the following duties.
- Inspects dealership facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards and recommends corrective or preventive measures where indicated.
- Consults with all departments on the use of equipment/machinery, fire prevention and the dealership safety program, and ensures that employees utilize proper safety equipment.
- Formulates general safety policies and procedures to be followed by the dealership in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Implements safety programs and conducts training in compliance according to standard rules and regulations.
- Maintains the dealership hazard communication program.
- Alerts managers and employees to the hazards of working with toxic fumes, dangerous chemicals and any other hazardous substances.
- Devises, supervises and coordinates training programs or media that will promote safety consciousness; teaches safe practices and ensures that they are followed.
- Participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for dealership use in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Oversees the administration of the workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to cut down on lost employee time and cut back on unjust claims.
- Studies and analyzes causes of dealership accidents and health hazards and prepares reports for use by dealership personnel and outside agencies.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
- BSc/BA in Engineering, or Science in Oil and Gas related discipline or Safety Management or similar field
- Professional Certification is a must(HSE level 1)
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- A year experience as a Safety Officer or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of legislations and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of safety management information system
- Good time-management skills
Bonny Island (Not Limited to)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CVs, Cover Letter and Credentials) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.