of the Role
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed; accordingly, Development and approval of Job description, posting and circulation of advertisement, review of applications and quality talent hunting.
- Update and maintain a recruitment tracking database and submit to the Director of Operations monthly.
- Ensure that all information related to payroll is received and filed in a timely manner and that supporting documentation are available for references.
- Ensure that signed timesheets and payslips are received, tracked, and filed correctly for all staff.
- Act as the primary contact person with the insurance providers, communicating the start and end of insurance, health maintenance organizations etc coverage promptly and ensuring the necessary administrative follow up is done.
- Take the Lead for the onboarding/induction process of new members of staff, as well as regular refreshers and policy awareness sessions.
- Develop, encourage, and facilitate staff trainings on Human Resource policy, processes, and procedures, to ensuring personnel are at their best performing capacity.
- Track the performance appraisal due dates for all staff and follow up with management and to ensure they are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Participate in the research and identification of training opportunities for staff.
- Ensure the application of the Human Resource policy, process, and procedures to provide advice and support to members of staff and the management.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system for response statistics.
- Maintain a high value, technical and best standard operating procedures.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Plan International Nigeria staff regulations, values and codes of conduct.
- Ability to train and mentor members of staff, our partners and that of the communities we operate.
- Communicates effectively and enthusiastically as appropriate to audience.
- Behaves consistently in your approach to work and decision-making.
- Having excellent team spirit.
Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Good analytical and synthesis skills.
- Ability to study and quickly understand new operating environment and organizational systems.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Good listening and interviewing skills.
- Independence and objectivity, you should be able to work with minimum or no supervision.
- Having an organized, methodical and meticulous approach to work.
- Promotes honesty, integrity, innovation, learning and transparency.
Dealing with Problems:
- Ensures adherence to the Country Human Resource manual and codes of conduct as per the requirement of the organizational policies and procedures to support sound staff management.
- Offers support through coaching and training of staff to ensure improvement in performance.
- Be creative in building and working effectively within a diverse working environment.
- Making effective recommendations to management on how to improve the Human Resource department while supporting other functions.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external environment and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Participate in meetings with different departments in order to ascertain needs and areas in which support is required for the attainment of the organization goal.
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in fields related to human resource, administration and management; a masters’ degree is a plus.
- 5 years of experience working in Human Resource and/or administrative support positions.
- Understanding of national labour law and employment norms and practices.
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook).
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Payroll management.
- Compliance management
Experience: 5 years and above
NOTE: Prospective candidates must reside in Warri, Delta state.