About The Company:
ASIN5 co-founds companies alongside amazing entrepreneurs, while promoting the adoption of service-for-incubation (a model that allows the use of skill and non-cash resources to incubate early-stage pre-product companies). We work with startups at idea, startup or pre-revenue stages.
We go beyond incubation; we’re building a connected ecosystem for the most innovative businesses of the future. We are a next generation startup studio that is differentiated by our novel model of “service-for-incubation”, an alternative funding model for pre-product startups.
- Develop and implement
a human resources plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the
organization, resulting in innovative, best practices and policies that will
service the full range of ASIN5’s HR needs and help build a high-performing
culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
- · Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all strategic deliberations. Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Senior Management Team (SMT), especially the COO and CEO, and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues.
- · Optimize the HR function/team, modernize and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives.
- · Provide HR guidance on special projects, HR analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design, diversity and inclusion.
- · Proactively manage resource allocation and maintain a competitive approach to recruiting and assimilating high-potential talent throughout the world. Advise on people programs and processes to enhance talent attraction, retention, development, and succession. Partner with Finance in overseeing departmental budget and headcount.
- · Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by refining or creating: compensation and benefits, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of ASIN5.
- · Oversee compensation practices and philosophy to ensure salary benchmarking and surveys are handled on a regular basis.
- · Respond to the HR demands of a global, highly matrixed organization with geographically distributed field offices; assist in articulating global HR policy at the country and regional level.
- · Guide the HR team in supporting Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Engagement, Benefits, Rewards, Visa and Immigration, Policy and Compliance.
- · Partner with IT on HRIS and related systems, protocols, capabilities, and upgrades.
- · Interact with vendors and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts.
- · Partner with Legal to ensure compliance & mitigate organizational risks.
Culture and Development
- · Develop relationships with the employees of ASIN5 and become someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues. Facilitate integration of diverse workgroups, cultures, and newly acquired assets.
- · Coach and counsel SMT in developing themselves and their teams to achieve improved performance and engagement
- · Counsel, coach and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices.
- · Coach and mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization.
- · Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management
- · Role model ASIN5’s core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all members of the ASIN5 community around the world.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- · Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred. Certifications in HR helpful. 5+ years of relevant business experience ideal.
- · At least 5+ years of progressive HRBP leadership experience, with 2-3 year leading an HR function.
- · At least 3 years experience managing people and teams of various sizes in dispersed locations, preferably in global regions of Africa, India, and Europe, demonstrating a strong cultural awareness.
- · Knowledge of M&A helpful.
- · Solid knowledge of all facets of HR with specialized expertise in at least 2 areas. Broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership.
- · General business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business topics in Finance, Legal, IT, payroll, and administration.
- · Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal - and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences globally.
- · Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- · Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
- · Drive initiatives with limited resources and roll-up your sleeves attitude to achieve desired results.
- · Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- · Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- · Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented.
- · Passionate about the mission of ASIN5, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal.