Responsibilities & tasks:
• Advises the ECOWAS HR Department on the revision of the HR Management practices aligning them to international standards;
• Ensures the production of an integrated HR Manual for ECOWAS in line with international standards;
• Advises on the harmonisation of HR processes with the SAP configuration in the HCM
• Plans, prepares and manages and supervises additional external support activities to improve HR Management at the ECOWAS Commission (e. g. Consultants etc.);
• Ensures the achievement of the project’s objectives related to the support to ECOWAS HR Department;
• Contributes to the project planning, monitoring and reporting.
• Plans, prepares, facilitates activities related to the projects support to the ECOWAS HR Department;
• Analyses current HR Management practices at ECOWAS and proposes adjustments that are in line with international standards;
• Produces revised HR Management Manuals that are in line with international standards to propose to ECOWAS; • Facilitates the revision process with the objective to strengthen the ownership of the process formulation by ECOWAS;
• Advises ECOWAS HR Department on the implementation of improved HR-Management processes including the revision of defined processes in SAP-based HCM;
• Supports / develops training materials for ECOWAS HR staff on HR processes
• Advises HCM users/super users
• Documents the projects activities related to the support to the ECOWAS HR Department;
• Master’s degree in HR-Management, Organisational Development or any other related field.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in HR Management, especially in the field of developing HR Management processes.
• 2 years of experience in advising on HR Management practices in an international and/or public sector environment.
• 2 years of experience in the operationalization of SAP based HCM as super user.
Other Knowledge, additional competences
• Very good knowledge of English (oral and written); and proficiency in French and/or Portuguese would be an asset; • Strong presentation and facilitation skills;
• Strong intercultural management skills;
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
• Knowledge on the usage of HCM/SAP at a super user level
• Willingness to upskill as required by the task to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
• Good organizational skills;
• A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility
• Innovative and possessing a positive attitude to change and results orientation
GIZ Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.