Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensuring that the policies and procedures are implemented to support the activities of the organisation and to guide team members and guests.
· Train team members and other employees on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards
· Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence and oversee housekeeping operations on a daily basis
· Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including (but not limited to) floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves etc.
· Check rooms and common areas, including stairways, restaurant, bar and hotel premises for cleanliness
· Effectively manage staff and resources providing a satisfying housekeeping service
· Listen to guest and customers complaints and ensure that the complaints are addressed efficiently and effectively
· Ensure efficient use of departmental resources and order supplies for the housekeeping department
· Assist guests to resolve complaints and specific housekeeping needs
· Responsible for ensuring that beddings and towels are laundered as scheduled.
· Responsible for signing off each room for guest use after cleaning
· Minimum of BSc / HND in Business Administration or related field
· 3 years’ experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development
· Self-control is necessary to handle difficult people appropriately
· The ability to think critically over housekeeping issues and proffer cost-effective solutions
· Excellent organisational and team management skills
· Good listening, diplomatic and effective interpersonal skill
· Passionate about a hygienic environment and pays attention to details
· Proficiency with the use of MS Office to create report and track daily use of housekeeping equipment.