Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS) is a British-Nigerian school in Abuja that was established in 2005 and has maintained an outstanding reputation for the personal growth and academic excellence of its pupils. This has been accomplished through the efforts of dedicated staff, small classes, a secure environment and a rigorous curriculum. We pride ourselves on the good behaviour of our pupils and the depth of parental involvement.
We are looking for an experienced, committed, dynamic, competent house parent/patron to assists with daily living activities in our school.
- Maintain discipline in the hostel.
- Ensure the safety of all borders.
- Maintain hostel facilities and equipment and report any damage.
- Maintain a clean, decent and habitable environment in the hostel.
- Ensure that all schedules are followed rigorously.
- Ensure that living and hygienic standards are constantly maintained in the hostel.
- Arrange and supervise activities that promote intellectual, physical, social and spiritual development.
- Enforce extracurricular activities to keep hostel students engaged and strong.
- Attend to the complaints of students regarding hostel climate and provide counselling services if need be.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Experience with general domestic and support work
- Ability to discipline, mentor and monitor female students
- Excellent conflict resolution skill. Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good sense of judgment and fairness to all
- Ability to practical first aid
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc or HND
SALARY: VERY ATTRACTIVE