The hotel manager is to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations and will be responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategizing and preparing reports. The target goals for the Hotel Manager is to achieve and sustain consistent guest satisfaction, weekly target occupancy rates, excellent service standards and high patronage while maintaining discipline, professionalism and efficiency in the hotel operations, especially with managing hotel personnel. To fit into this role, the ideal candidate must have over 2 years’ proven hospitality management work experience, be well-trained, approachable, trustworthy, detailed-oriented, have excellent etiquette and communication skills, set examples of excellent service and must be a natural and effective leader. Duties and Responsibilities In an outline, the duties are, amongst others:
- recruiting, training and supervising staff.
- managing budgets.
- maintaining statistical and financial records.
- planning maintenance work, events and room bookings.
- handling customer complaints and queries.
- promoting and marketing the business.
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws.