- The hotel operating in E pacific coast HWY, CA USA and is a 7-day / week operation and potential working hours may vary in line with business requirements. We are seeking to recruit an experienced and highly skilled
Basic Job Description:
- The Bakery Production Supervisor will have the responsibility in supporting the Operations Manager in managing the Bakery Department in producing quality bakery products in concert with Food Health & Safety and providing leadership in meeting the company's expectation.
- Mature leader required for a residential based role with accommodation provided.
- Candidate must have a minimum of grade 12 education with excellent communication skills.
- Candidate must be skilled in all aspects of a busy, bakery/cafe environment with a minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
- The candidate must possess a high standard of hygiene and personal grooming. (Health & Safety)
- The candidate must be able to lead and work effectively as a member of a small team and have excellent time management skills.
- The candidate must be able to work closely with the Operations Manager to develop the menu and to minimize waste and maximize sales. Also to report on staff performance and help with the development of the team.
Required Job Skills:
- Mix, scale and mould a variety of bread from scratch.
- Possess knowledge of artisan-style bread.
- Calculate basic formulas/percentages and apply to recipes for required quantities.
- Bake a variety of bread, cakes and pastries.
- Effectively manage oven space to produce quality baked goods.
- Produce pastry including shortcrust, puff pastry and sweet pastries.
- Produce pies, sausage rolls and other pastry products as required.
- Produce a variety of cakes, cookies and slices, both from scratch and premix.
- Accurately record production, usage and damage/ wastage levels.
- Pronto knowledge. (Desirable) Hold a current manual driver's license. (Desirable)