Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanour at all times.
- Manages and resolves complex guest enquiries and complaints to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
- Supervises the daily shift process as Team Lead; while ensuring all front office staff adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develops and implements strategies to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Adhere to company credit limit/floor limit policies.
- Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guest's preferences and special requests.
- Build strong relationships and liaise with all other departments including F&B, Kitchen and Security.
- Ensure the Front office log book and the hotel log book is always updated and acted upon.
- Ensure safety by following guest check-in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to the security manager or General Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods.
- As a Front Desk Manager you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the front office team.
- A positive, can-do attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Experience of motivating and leading a winning team.
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure.
- Highly fluent in and excellent command of English language (written and spoken)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working with hotel software applications
- Degree level educated or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates
- Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
- Experience as a Front Desk Manager or Supervisor in a hotel is essential for this role.