IDMANN Institute is looking for instructors in the following subject areas:Home Economics - Family & Consumer Sciences (Fashion, Personal style & Garment making)
Home Economics - Family & Consumer Sciences (Cooking, Food & Nutrition)
Prospective applicants should note the following:
• Instructors should expect to be engaged approximately 20 hours per week.
• We expect the home economics instructor to be able to cover introductory cooking, baking, and sewing for a small class of middle-school students. The instructor will also be expected to provide relevant and scientifically-grounded information on nutrition, fitness, and wellness, in general. The learning process must emphasize different cultural, social, and historical contexts of food and fashion.
• Prior experience teaching online or familiarity with an online teaching engagement is critical in this position.
• Intending instructors must have all of the following:
• A reliable laptop or desktop running Windows 10, equipped with a good quality webcam and microphone, keyboard and mouse (or touchpad), as no instruction will be permitted over a handheld or mobile device.
• Stable, reliable broadband internet access.
• Space from which to provide daily instruction to students, free of distraction or intrusion during class sessions.
• Availability: five days a week (at specific times to be preset by the class timetable
Interested candidates must submit all of the following:
· 1) A cover letter that outlines their specific experience and how it relates to this position.
· 2) A current resume.
· 3) A clear indication of your date of availability.
Prospective applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume clearly outlining their teaching experience with specific references to any teaching certifications, where applicable. Applications submitted without a cover letter will be deemed non-responsive.
Positions are open immediately and interviews will continue till all positions are filled.