He/ She will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe worksite.
As a HSE Manager, you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is very essential.
The goal is to ensure the worksites meet all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety.
· Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
· Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
· Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
· Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
· Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
· Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
· Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
· Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
· Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
Proven experience as HSE Manager
· Minimum of 10 years of thorough Health and Safety background (3 of which must be as a Health, Safety and Environment Manager in the Construction or Real Estate Industry)
· Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
· Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
· Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
· Excellent organizational and motivational skills
· Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
· BSc/BA in Safety Management or relevant field is preferred
· HSE Certification (OSHA, NEBOSH etc.)
· Problem Solving Abilities
· Leadership Skills and Strategic Vision
· Strong Work Ethic
If you qualify for this role, please send your resume to email@example.com
NB – Unqualified candidates need not apply for this role as this is not a ‘Try your luck’ adventure.