- Dispenses prescription medication and other medical products to patients under the direction of licensed pharmacist
- Purchase of non-drug items for the Pharmacy store.
- Attractive arrangement of products (drugs and non-drugs) within the Pharmacy store.
- Regular checking of product expiry dates.
- Counts pills, labels bottles, prices as directed
- Performs administrative duties, including answering phones, receiving and inputting prescription orders, operating cash registers and restocking inventory and general cleaning of the store and products.
- Gathers, organizes, and assesses patient information
- Supplies patients with information and education on their prescriptions
- Answers patients' questions about their medications under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Receives and take inventory of products supplied.
- Places orders for additional drugs as directed by the pharmacist
- Prepares billing information for medications
- Completes patients' sales transactions for the purchase of prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as other pharmaceutical products.
- Oversee day to day activities of the Pharmacy
- Place orders for products needed in the Pharmacy as directed by the Pharmacy
Qualification and Experience:
- At least OND in any drug / health-related discipline
- 2- 3 years experience in a Community Pharmacy as a Health Care Assistant