Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors and tracks the company's environmental, social, economic, and governance impact to avert risk exposures.
- Continuously scans business operations and workplace, to identify potential ESG issues that require improvement.
- Works with diverse function owners to develop policies, plans, and standards for improving environmental, social, economic, and governance impact/performance.
- Engages internal stakeholders, including employees, management, and board on strategies for building a culture of sustainability thinking and actions.
- Tracks, monitors, measures, and reports on ESG performance to business decision-makers
- Works with relevant departments and functions to chart plans and standards for continuous improvements on ESG performance and entrenching a culture of sustainability in everyday operations.
- Creates awareness using bulletins, tit-bits, and other communications that educate stakeholders on what sustainability is, why it is critical for business continuity, and their roles and responsibilities in building a sustainable brand
- Engages diverse functions, management, and Board to set KPIs and targets for ESG performance enhancement.
- Advocates for sustainability ownership and penetration across all business functions
- Advocates for building sustainability KPIs into the performance appraisal of key function owners, including executive management.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and global principles on ESG disclosures, such as annual sustainability reporting.
- Uses policies and standards to drive and support ESG best practices within the value chain, especially suppliers, vendors, contractors, and other business partners within the business’ sphere of influence.
- Ensures that the business’ environmental, social, and governance risks are identified and mitigated.
- Ensures that the business sustains its brand equity, reputation, and social license to operate by adopting and entrenching best ESG practices in its operations.
- Ensures that sustainability operationalization is driven and standardized across all business locations (including plants and administrative offices)
- Ensures that knowledge gaps on environmental, social, and governance best practices in the workplace are addressed through continuous sustainability training and capacity building.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainability Studies, International Relations, Environmental Science, Political Science, Business Administration, Public Policy, Communication Arts, or related courses.
- A Master’s Degree in related courses such as International Relations or Sustainable Development would be an advantage.
- 15+ years of experience in Sustainability, Environmental & Social Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, Consulting in related fields, Change, and Business Improvement Management.
- 5+ years of business consulting experience.
- 5+ years in Sustainability Reporting using GRI and related global reporting standards
- ISO-26000 (Social Responsibility) Lead Implementer and/or Lead Auditor; ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System)
- Lead Implementer and /or Lead Auditor; ISO-45001 (Occupational Health & Safety) Lead Implementer and/or Lead Auditor.
Skills and Competencies:
- Persuasive and resilient
- Excellent writing skills
- Adaptive and self-driven
- Result-oriented and committed
- Negotiation and crisis management skills
- Experienced in leading continuous improvement projects.
- Excellent communications & advocacy skills
- Effective planning, target setting, project monitoring, and performance measurement
- Successfully implemented environmental & social performance management framework in a large and diversified business space
- Experienced in sustainability and corporate social responsibility management
- Experienced in Sustainability Reporting using global standards and frameworks
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development