- Champion group strategy formulation and coordinate the annual strategic planning process.
- As custodian of the group’s corporate strategy, solicit input from the update and inform stakeholders on the group’s strategy and make amendments where necessary in response to changing business conditions.
- Coordinate the process of conducting periodic environmental, competitor, market, and peer benchmark analysis so as to help the group identity opportunities and manage risks.
- Champion the development of the group balance scorecard to manage strategy implementation and ensure alignment of operating company scorecards to group strategy.
- Supervise the development of a framework for group-wide strategic planning and budgeting to facilitate end-to-end planning by cascading execution plans into annual budgets.
- Monitor and recommend steps that will guide the alignment of operating company strategies and business plans with group strategy
- Facilitate the identification, definition, and synergy realization opportunities and targets and track performance against defined targets
- Analyze and review the group's and subsidiaries' financial and operational reports and develop reports on its performance against budget.
- Review subsidiaries strategy implementation reports and evaluate performance vis a vis Board strategy plan
- Coordinate the tracking and reporting of the group and subsidiaries' performance vis a vis peer on a periodic basis.
- Managing corporate and business unit performance
- Facilitate the conduct of group earnings at risk assessment vis a vis the annual budget i.e for operating companies and the holding company.
- 12- 15 years experience in strategy or management consulting. A background in the financial services industry is an added advantage.
- A first degree preferably in a numerate field.
- Additional professional qualifications would be an added advantage.
- Strategy Development & implementation
- Driving Execution
- Cultivating Networks
- Financial Modelling
- Knowledge of the Global Business Environment
- Business Presentation Skills
- Financial Acumen
- Data / Information Management
- Product Knowledge
- Stakeholder Management
- Marketplace Research & Knowledge
- Research Orientation
- Communication Skills
- Knowledge of extant regulations & provisions
- Benchmarking & survey administration
- Business consulting
- Knowledge of Banking Operations
- Risk Management
- IT appreciation & application