The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Coordination and implementation of Board Strategy decisions.
- Coordinate annual strategic planning process and corporate planning initiatives, ensuring that employees understand the details of the strategic plan and how their work connects to the corporate goals.
- Coordinate annual Cost / Revenue budget sessions, communicate the agreed budgets to the responsible units and at the time, measure the performance of all the responsible units against the agreed budget and communicate your report to---.
- Agree Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Executive Management Team and monitor performance based on the agreed KPIs quarterly.
- Assess and monitor the performance of business units and Account Officers as communicated in the strategic plan and budgets
- Provide the Executive Management Team with global and regional business scenarios and ad-hoc analyses as required; identify new business growth opportunities or potential operational risks; advising best options to proceed.
- Prepare the capital plan for Bank and agree ways to achieve plan within set timetables.
- Conduct market intelligence on peer banks to uncover their competitive edge in product offerings, processes and services etc. Also, conduct product reviews to determine if the Bank should continue to offer specific product, review some of its features or discontinue the product.
- Translate government policies into a strategic working document which will cover:
- The impact a new or policy change would have on the business operations of the Bank.
- The opportunities or threat inherent in the government policy
- Excellent Financial Modelling skills are mandatory
Candidate’s Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the financial service industry especially in Commercial/Microfinance Banks operating in Nigeria.
- Candidate must have sound knowledge of the local and global financial markets with good understanding of the micro/macro-economic dynamics and how they impact the financial services sector
- Successful candidates must be self-driven, very energetic, highly resourceful and versatile with exceptional leadership capabilities
- Candidate must also have the ability to develop financial models and use the models to analyze business opportunities and risks
- First degree in Financial, Economics, Accountancy or any related course
- Professional certification especially in ACCA or ACA
- M.Sc. or MBA will be an added advantage.