Duties And Responsibilities:
- Lead the Bank’s strategy function and translated the strategy into business and functional objectives.
- Drive and support strategy execution in partnership with business segments – corporate, commercial and retail banking – and with our functional departments and subsidiaries.
- Track strategy execution and performance against established targets/metrics for each area of the bank as well as potential risks and mitigation plans.
- Play a critical role in the broad transformation of the Bank by providing strategic rationale and analytical support underpinning the various exercises.
- Run annual strategy refresh exercise to validate Bank’s strategic direction and to inform annual financial targets for the budgeting process.
- Collaborate with Finance and performance management function during annual budgeting cycle and quarterly strategy & business review sessions. The key role is to guide business segments and functions in their budget development and to validate alignment between financial assumptions and overall Bank strategy.
- Monitors the investment research of the Bank, and also that of peer Banks, to review the business cases for strategic investments and provide recommendations to senior management Executives
- Ad-hoc support on Office of the CEO’s strategic priorities e.g. Bank transformation, funding, divestments/investments etc. and senior management’s broader agenda and special projects.
- Overseeing supervision of the bank's investor relations program to ensure the bank's relationships with shareholders reflect positively on the company's stock price.
- Organizing research into the attitudes of investors, analysts, regulators and financial journalists analyzing the results, and recommending a communication strategy to improve the perception of the bank in the financial community.
- Leads market analysis and identify major business opportunities/innovation, driving the team to generate new ideas thereby enhancing the Banks reputation
- Responsible for ensuring the Bank is appropriately and strategically positioned by maintaining good relationships with analysts, investors, and all stakeholders
- Any other duties assigned by the CEO
Key Performance Indicators:
- A positive appraisal from EXCO and Board
- Accurate and Timely Reporting
- The competence level of staff within strategy, planning and performance management
- Turnaround time and quality of Strategy & IR deliverables (strategy presentations, market analysis, etc.)
- To monitor competition within the industry
- First degree with a minimum of 2nd Class Upper
- A minimum of Twelve (8 - 10) years relevant experience in a bank /management consulting firm with the last 5 years in Managerial Position
Skills & Competencies:
- Good knowledge of strategy, business and investor relations operations in Nigerian Banks
- Good Knowledge of key company business practices and processes
- Good Finance and performance management knowledge
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively and to turn that thinking into realistic plans and workflows
- Experience in managing, monitoring and where necessary revising complex projects and workstreams to meet objectives
- Financial Analytical/interpretation Skills
- Documentation/Reporting Skills
- Good Relationship management skills
- Team Building/Conflict management
- Strong teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (written, verbal & presentation)
- Excellent Influencing and Negotiation Skills
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- General managerial/ administration
- Organization and coordination skills