Head, Programmes & Membership Services
Institute of Directors Centre for Corporate Governance (the Centre or IoDCCG), a registered non-profit organisation committed to improving good Corporate Governance standards in Nigeria through Advocacy, Research, Publications, and high-quality training seeks the services of a competent professional to the fill the positions. The Head, Programmes & Membership will be responsible for developing content for the Centre’s Programmes; setting goals, initiating, delivering programmes according to the strategic objectives of the Centre, directing the market, and overseeing membership activities of the organisation.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
Duties and activity expectations include but are not limited to the ability to:
- Set goals, initiate, and deliver programmes according to the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Develop content for training in Corporate Governance, Anti-corruption and Ethics Compliance, and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Mobilise critical stakeholders in Public and Private Sector organisations for sponsorship of the Centre’s programmes and activities.
- Design programmes with high impact that will attract grants from development partners/multilateral organisations and from local partners as well.
- Write training and programmes concept notes and make presentations at different fora.
- Plan trainings, courses and workshop programmes from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones, and processes.
- Demonstrate and apply Strong Marketing skills leading to membership recruitment and programmes and training participation to surpass targets.
- Direct and oversee membership activities of the Centre and design practicable membership benefits.
- Develop Programmes, initiatives, and policies designed to increase Membership of the Centre.
- Develop and secure budget approvals relating to Programmes and Membership.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- Supervise all program and project officers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems, issues and challenges.
- Discover ways to enhance the efficiency and productivity of procedures and people.
- Apply change, risk, and resource management principles when and where needed.
- Create, Update & Distribute information to current members as well as prospective members.
- Read reports prepared by officers to determine progress and issues and provide effective feedback.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Provide Input to Strategic decisions that affect the functional areas of responsibility.
- Keep the CEO informed with detailed and accurate reports and make presentations intervalley.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Law, Humanities or other relevant fields. Professional certification and a second degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 6-10 years’ proven experience as a Programme and Membership Director or other managerial position, of which at least 4 years in a managerial capacity in a Business Membership Organisation policy design.
Functional Skills & Specific Knowledge:
- Proven experience as a senior programme’s coordinator or other managerial position
- Solid knowledge of corporate governance practices.
- Strong understanding of database structures, reporting tools, and computer systems.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques using key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting, and budgeting
- Good knowledge of MS office and program management and development of software (e.g Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- Excellent Organisational and Leadership skills
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent business acumen with a strategic ability
- Strong Marketing skills
- Should have strong analytical/problem solving and quantitative abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos