A professional Head of Trading with experience in trading the foreign exchange market and commodities is required.
We are involved in day trading financial instruments on an intraday basis. Due to planned growth, the role has become available so as to help it’s expansion plans.
Ideal Candidate Profile: Mature, astute, well spoken, degree holder, diligent, pays attention to detail, self- starter and team player, degree holder, financial and investment trading background.
Scope of the Role:
To lead all traders in a proprietary trading firm across the trading function to deliver best in class trading, investment analysis, risk management processes and capabilities, in order to provide a leading trading service.
• Provide very strong leadership to the trading team, identifying and actioning any content, tasks or processes that do not align with trading best practice.
• Lead and develop the trading team to optimum performance through recruitment and professional implementation of performance management best practice.
• Identify, develop and instil best practice within the Trading team in pricing, trading, customer analysis and risk management.
• Drive operational efficacy through continual evaluation of Trading processes and performance.
• Mentor and coach Trading Managers to ensure high standards are met in trading and performance management across the team with a focus on continual improvement.
• Ensure the Trading function operates efficiently and astutely with the departments output closely aligned to the strategic and commercial priorities
• Identify and develop trading strategies, opportunities while identifying inefficiencies within trading operations, ensuring they are owned and managed effectively until a resolution is found.
• Understand and evaluate competitors in the market to understand and improve our product offering in order to achieve market leading status.
• Leverage insights gained from industry experience and expertise to input into strategic decision making and the vision for the Trading team.
• Contribute to the introduction, testing and development lifecycle of trading strategies that aid trading.
• Work closely with directors to ensure objective, data led decisions are made within Trading.
• Represent Trading at a senior leadership level.
• Represent the client in commercial activities, such as demos, partner management and supplier conversations.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Strong leadership skills with experience in managing Trading teams.
• Strong and proven track record in delivering exceptional product and processes in a Trading environment.
• Excellent understanding, knowledge, and experience of the requirements of running a trading team, with in-depth insight into what best practice in a modern trading environment looks like.
• Proven track record of developing people through an effective personal development process.
• Ability to manage multiple work streams, prioritizing and delegating effectively.
• Proven understanding of business risk and a track record of implementing effective measures to mitigate against it.
• Strong and effective prioritization skills, with a record of demonstrating sound judgement and astute decision making when evaluating the magnitude of issues.
• Pragmatic with an objective, data driven approach to decision making.
• Advanced analytical thinking skills, used to evaluate opportunities, risk and potential solutions.
• In depth understanding of the principles of risk management and customer management in proprietary trading.
• A self-starter, able to operate independently and use initiative.
• Ability to work to deadlines and under strict time constraints.
• Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions to deliver desired outcomes.
• Emotional resilience, showing highly developed communication, time keeping and relationship building skills that can be used to influence others.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to deliver effective reporting, presentations and meetings to an audience from Junior level staff through to C-level.
• Ability to work flexible working hours around weekends, evenings and bank holidays, understanding the needs of the business are paramount.
Qualifications & Technologies
- Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Metatrader, Trading View, Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation
- Certifications and Experience: Bsc / Msc with 2.2 or above from a recognized university
- 2-3 years relevant experience in similar role, Completed or on-going investment banking certification.
- This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The role holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
- The applicant should be experienced and educated to degree level from a reputable university and should have knowledge of intra day trading in a commercial setting.
Location: Lagos Mainland