Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take full ownership of our tax compliance obligations across the Group, including monthly and annual tax filings (all taxes), transfer pricing filings, tax computations, capital allowance computations, adjustments to accounting profits for tax purposes, etc.
- The main point of contact for all tax advisers in each country we operate from.
- Develop good relationships with tax authorities in each country.
- Attend to tax audit queries, tax audit exercises, transfer pricing audits, and other routine checks from regulators in relation to tax matters.
- Review contracts with merchants with a view to advising management tax and transfer pricing implications of these contracts.
- Review existing transfer pricing policy and advise management on recent changes in regulations that could impact the policy.
- Review internal agreements within Group entities to ensure compliance with all tax laws and transfer pricing regulations.
- Work closely with other functional groups (such as Operations, Legal, Treasury, Accounting, and others) to keep abreast of new business activities and address resulting opportunities, risks, and tax consequences.
- Work with the Head of Finance for Africa and Head of Accounting in relation to external audit engagements for each operating entity.
- Training, retaining, and mentoring tax officers within the Group.
- Attending to any other ad-hoc tax-related request.
Desired skills and expertise:
- CPA/ACCA/ACA certification
- CITN certification
- Minimum of 8+ years relevant experience, with at least 5 years post ACCA/ACA qualification experience. Experience in the financial services industry is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. and Nigerian tax laws and transfer pricing regulations
- Appreciable knowledge of tax laws and transfer pricing regulations in the U.S. and across Africa
- Appreciable experience in tax advisory project/engagements
- Excellent understanding of revenue and cost of service recognition for a payment processing enterprise.
- Hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Appreciable knowledge of GAAP
- An organized self-manager, with the ability to lead a team
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Proficient with MS office tools