1. Bachelor’s Degree required. A Master’s Degree in an education-related field is preferred.
2. Several years of experience as a classroom teacher, ideally in a K-12, Early Years, Primary or Secondary school setting. Experience in the IB world school will be an advantage.
3. Demonstrated history of effectiveness in the leadership of any school.
4. Demonstrated acumen for mentoring and guiding the professional development of classroom teachers and community development.
5. Proven record of quickly assimilating into new environments, identifying areas for improvement and effecting change, while cultivating positive relationships.
The main purpose of the job:
1. Under the overall direction of the Principal play a lead role in formulating the aims, objectives of the schools and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved
2. Responsible for the standards and curriculum of all pupils including monitoring of progress towards achievement
3. Proactively manage staff and resources.
4. Manage curriculum integration process across British, American, Canadian and Nigerian Standards.
5. Take responsibility for the day to day running of the school and school campus.
6. Take full responsibility for the school in the absence of the Principal and Directors.
7. Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as required.
8. Take responsibility for safeguarding issues as appropriate.
9. Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strategic Leadership through shaping a vision of academic success and the future of the school.
2. Creating a climate hospitable to education for teaching and learning and student well-being.
3. Cultivating leadership in others by leading and managing staff-developing self and others.
4. Continuous curriculum and instruction programme improvement and operational management.
5. Managing people, data and processes while always securing accountability.
6. Strategic staffing, resources, and budgetary planning.
7. Parent and community collaborative development and management that reinforces school culture.