- Ensuring good quality clinical and non-clinical services like infection prevention, security, diet etc.
- Works within and across Regions to achieve high engagement levels for health systems, delivering against mission and income strategies by meeting/exceeding AHH owned facilities’ customer promises and functioning as a strategic advisor.
- Delivers on established strategy for health system partners and develops an account plan.
- Responsible for the implementation of an account team strategy for managing prioritized system relationships within assigned portfolio and serve as primary relationship manager to assigned accounts.
- Ensures evidence based strategies are used as solutions and monitors the implementation status and results.
- Strategically coordinates with other Health Systems staff and their accounts for the integration of work in the AHH owned system of facilities.
- Ensuring clean surroundings, OPD Areas, Wards, Labour Room, OT and Patient amenities and outsourced services.
- Periodical assessment of health facilities on quality check list and arrive at a score for the facility.
- Planning and work-out modalities towards improvement and preventive maintenance of equipment and vehicles toward modernization of health facilities.
- Ensuring that the health facilities meets or is making gains toward improving all regulatory compliances, including clinical and non-clinical licensing and regulation.
- Identification of gaps and develop action plan under the guidance of COO and in- charge of the health facilities and monitor compliance.
- Instituting an effective complaint management system for both employees and patients.
- Strengthening of West Africa Regional Health Facility Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Ensure services are rendered to meet all Quality Standards in compliance with all applicable Regulatory requirements.
- Any other assignment stated by Chief Operating Officer.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Possesses a degree in either MBBS/ MBBChB OR Nursing
- Must possess a Master’s in Public Health OR Nursing
- Possesses a minimum of 7 years of combined experience in clinical practice, public health or hospital administration; Minimum of 2 years of direct quality improvement experience.
- Experience in Health Care Quality or Formal Quality improvement systems specific to Sub-Saharan Africa such as SafeCare/Joint Commission International/Six Sigma/Lean/Kaizen.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of government legislations and policies in healthcare in Africa are essential.
- Strong knowledge of SafeCare and current trends with regards to Quality and compliance issues in a healthcare facility.
- Sound knowledge on the concepts of quality for health facilities and hospital systems.
- Fluent command of written and spoken English; Knowledge of local languages is an added bonus.
- Effective communication skills, with demonstrated ability to talk and listen to people and build rapport others at all levels.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with database management programs and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Able to cultivate relationships with targeted health systems to create a sense of urgency related to awareness of major health problems, motivate to action in prevention and early detection, and influence strategies and techniques.
- Ability to represent the Society effectively and professionally to hospital health systems, related institutions, community leaders, including working with disparate populations and diverse constituents.
- Knowledge of primary care infrastructure and able to work with physicians, key administrative staff, nurses and managed care professional.