Job Description – Head of Public Health.
The company is a full-service health-Tech company that provides a suite of solutions for healthcare providers, payers, patients and partners in emerging markets — at the core of which is our SaaS based electronic medical records/hospital management information system (EMR/HMIS).
Strategy & Donor Sourcing Operations
· Develop partnerships strategies to deliver on company’s public health focused goals. Identify and cultivate opportunities for alternative potential funding streams for the organization, locally and globally.
· Prospect new relationships and partnerships with public health focused funders, foundations donors, trusts, and others.
· Develop grant management tools and methodology to ensure accurate tracking of opportunities, reporting and adjustments through the project life cycle.
· Lead the identification and submission of proposals and bids towards public health funding partnerships for company. Act as lead writer when necessary.
· Work with the Management Team to develop and expand the fundraising activities of the organization.
· Work with the rest of the Strategy & Partnerships Team to develop and maintain an extensive data bank of all partners and funders; liaising and expanding networks with current & potential donors and stakeholders.
· Contribute to the Company’s overall Corporate Strategy through the delivery of high-quality services to key stakeholders and partners.
· Work with the Marketing & Communications team in implementing public health campaigns, community outreach events and & other PR activities.
· Ensure services are delivered in a manner which is responsive to partner needs, putting in place mechanisms for gathering and acting upon customer feedback and insight.
· Liaise with partners to finalize project descriptions, budgets, work plans, and monitoring and evaluation plans.
· Respond to requests from donors for compliance information and respond to donor compliance questions as needed.
· Manage engagement by constantly showcasing the impact of the organization’s work.
· Ensure the design of interventions is sound and reflective of established need.
· Collate performance information and produce performance reports.
· Provide technical support to the Growth Team, on the development and implementation of Public Health programs, including developing a network across the county.
· Drive and develop joint business plans with relevant strategic partners, voluntary organizations and community groups.
· Maintain sound and up-to-date knowledge of the public health sector and draw on good practice for the benefit of the Company and its clients.
· Develop strategies for advancing the public health outlook and competencies of health facilities within the company’s Network
· Devise a policy framework to guide company’s push for the inclusion of private health facilities in national health policies, plans and budgets
Business Research and Analysis
· Interpret trends and data to gain actionable insight that aid the development of public health partnership strategies.
· Work with R&D and other departments to conceptualize and create new programs and solutions for company.
· 6 - 10 years’ public health experience with an extensive network across public health funding and donor agencies locally and globally.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to engage a diverse range of stakeholders.
· Exceptional fundraising and grant / proposal writing skills. Successful track record of identifying and successfully applying for relevant grants and funds from local, national, and international organizations.
· Experience working with agencies aimed at improving health opportunities in Africa.
· Programmed development and implementation skills, budgeting, and resource planning skills.
· Excellent programmed design skills working across a range of disciplines and strategic agendas.
· Extensive knowledge and experience of policy and legislation affecting public health service delivery.
· Experience of working cooperatively with communities.
· Willingness to work remotely in neighborhood venues and to travel to other locations as required for the role.
· First degree or equivalent experience from a reputable institution. Background in public health related program is an added advantage