Principal Duties / Responsibilities
Retail/ New Store Opening
- Manage and coordinate the successful execution of all new store openings, remodels and restructuring
- Schedule and lead operational project team meetings and ensure follow-up of action items in support of new store opening.
- Hands on involvement with new store set up to ensure stores are opened effectively and efficiently
- Participate in cross-functional, retail development meetings to influence operational needs/requirements of upcoming locations.
- Coordinate all activities to prepare stores for a smooth handover and disseminate information to key departments.
- Responsible for holding internal and external stakeholders accountable for deliverables
- Carry out visits as needed to review site readiness and manage all onsite setup, partnering closely with construction managers on site turnover and closeout of punch lists.
- Identify areas of improvement within operations, process and policy and take the lead cross-functionally to improve efficiency
- Align and optimize standard operating procedures across current and new stores in order to achieve consistency across all stores
- Perform analysis upon completion of each project; evaluate the success of each project and determine best practices
- Manage projects and effectively influence, negotiate and communicate with business partners including landlords, real estate managers, construction managers, architects and engineers and store design team members
Construction/ Contract Management
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion; ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Carry out an in-depth review of projects to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Liaise with Architects, Engineers, Project Managers as necessary and review plans and blueprints as are applicable
- Review on an on-going basis relevant project resources, project risks and related issues in accordance with the project plan and implement the appropriate mitigating measures as required.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Ensure realistic allocation of resources and the execution of all planned logistics to ensure that projects are streamlined and milestones are achieved within time and budget.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Lead all provider management services; ensuring providers deliver to agreed contracts and to financial, quality and performance requirements.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Decide suitable strategies and objectives for individual projects and construction
Program/ Project Management
- Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Collaborate with all levels of management in implementing, monitoring, and reviewing organisational strategy. This includes ensuring inter-departmental collaboration beyond individual portfolios, particularly in policy production, carrying out organisational improvement initiatives
- Develop a budget and operating plan for programs pioneered.
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure that project goals align with company’s objectives
- Create and manage long-term goals.
- Review and ensure project management plans are documented in the format and content in keeping with business needs.
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance for any new program developed.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyze program risks.
- 10- 12 years of related work experience, including project management, retail operations, and/or retail store experience
- Experience in managing complex projects with a high level of Organization and attention to details and proven skills in problem solving and team building.
- Track record of success in developing relationships with stakeholders, working collaboratively and leveraging influence to drive initiatives.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong written, oral and communication skills
- Ability to read construction drawings and design renderings
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for handling construction projects, new store openings and managing the retail operations of the job.
- Candidates with a background in commercial construction (Hotels and Malls), business development in retail stores will be considered
- Must have Project Management Certifications.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, engineering or project management related field required.
- A professional certification in any related course would be an added advantage.