Responsible for conceiving, developing, and deploying the country-level marketing strategy for delivering revenue numbers and for ensuring a strong and well-positioned product portfolio. Deliver nationwide marketing activities and ensure acquisition, retention, and churn outputs stimulate usage, and increase brand and top-of-mind awareness within the boundaries of the Marketing budget.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:12 years
- Develop sales & marketing strategy for the country to ensure superior visibility and superior customer intimacy of the brand compared to the competition, in conjunction with Nigeria's Chief Operating Officer and Group Chief Marketing Officer.
- Define sales & marketing strategies/plans and ensure that these are consistent with overall goals and objectives
- Develop and lead the country’s sales & marketing activities and policies
- Review market research to determine opportunities that exist and ways to capitalize on them
- Develop and implement acquisition strategies for the various sales verticals across Retail and Corporate businesses which will ensure an increase in the share of customers.
- Prevent churn of existing customer base - Actively manage Churn to less than 3% and deliver customer retention programs that will ensure an increase in customer net additions.
- Constantly monitor all indices to ensure performance against the set target while ensuring remedial action for all underperforming initiatives.
- Monitor the relative performance of Smartcash against its competitors on a periodic basis using RMS data.
- Devise a strategy to gain a higher share of incremental RMS to improve the Company’s overall RMS.
- Identify opportunities and develop a roadmap for maximizing revenue from all revenue streams – voice, roaming, infotainment, Commerce, etc
- Create a segmented strategy for customer acquisition and prepare a roadmap for implementing the same
- Derive synergies across customer segments for overall revenue enhancement – drive cross-pollination across several sales channels and customer segments
- Develop and implement a Marketing Communication strategy that will ensure superior visibility and superior customer intimacy of the Brand compared to the competition in the operation.
- Develop strategies that will stimulate incremental minutes of use for customers on the network as this will directly impact revenues, by ensuring customer loyalty, superior network quality and coverage, and value-delivering offerings
- Enhance current revenue streams and develop additional revenue streams through innovative product development, launch, and image management
- Identify unarticulated customer needs and trends and develop product briefs
- Lead marketing efforts to enable increased usage of new and innovative products in the country
- Lead country-level customer and marketing research, evaluate industry/ market trends and competition strategies and recommend product positioning and pricing
- Explore and develop additional revenue streams from the existing infrastructure base, using innovative products & services e.g. data, E1 access, etc.
- Increase share of the revenue from data services through the aggressive rollout of 3G and EDGE services in Nigeria.
- Develop an Enterprise solutions strategy that will deliver incremental revenues from Corporate clients with an emphasis on data, provision of network access for multiple locations, and bespoke voice solutions.
- Ensure optimal spending vis-àvis budget and monitor performance against plan
- Keep Net Acquisition Costs and others within budget by ensuring effective cost innovation in all areas of Marketing.
- Formulate, monitor and control for effective and efficient deployment of sales & marketing budget within the country
- Evaluate, forecast, and measure performance against plans
- Detailed market analysis & insights of customers by geography, demography, psychography, benefits sought & usage levels
- Lead the production of regular dashboard reports and distribute them to executive management with analysis of major trends or issues
- Creation of highly effective Team
- To ensure the objectives of the function are delivered through a highly motivated and engaged team. Giving regular feedback and reviews to each team member as plays a critical role in ensuring employees are engaged and deliver results, leading to lower attrition of people hence protecting talent.
- Develop a bench strength of future leaders through coaching, mentoring, and guidance.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Management or like discipline
- An MBA with a focus on Marketing Certifications or additional qualifications in Advertising, Business Administration, communications, and management will be an added advantage
- At least 12 years of working experience with 7 years or more in a senior management role in Fintech, Financial Services, Teleco, FMCG, etc, and at least 5 years in Telecoms Marketing
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships and Empowering and Developing people
- Risk-taking appetite
- Business and Commercial acumen
- Excellent understanding of corporate governance standards
- Should thrive in challenging situations
- Ability to network with global players
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial Ability
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.