- Develop the annual and longer-term strategy for a risk-based audit plan shaped for Paystack’s expanding global operations and regulatory requirements.
- Scale the audit program to encompass regulatory compliance requirements governing regulated entities.
- Plan and execute audits of business processes subject to regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., AML, KYC, sanctions, safeguarding, data privacy), financial partner requirements (e.g., GARS), independent audit for financial reporting, etc.
- Lead ad-hoc programs and initiatives to provide advisory insights.
- Work seamlessly with key business partners within the second lines of defense to build efficiencies into the audit plan and avoid duplication of testing activities.
- Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership teams (including the Board of Directors).
- Secure management action plans for remediation and monitor remediation progress and timeliness.
- Perform outreach and maintain collaborative working relationships with business partners.
- Invest in understanding the business to better identify areas of need and opportunities to advise.
- Research and stay current on applicable regulatory requirements and emerging trends and best practices.
- 8+ years of audit and project management experience within an Internal Audit function and/or as part of an accounting/consulting firm.
- Experience in leading Internal Audit geo, either at a global or regional level.
- Experience in leading an Internal Audit regulatory compliance subject matter domain/pillar.
- Experience in payment services, banking and/or financial services, and associated regulatory compliance.
- Technical auditing skills and knowledge of relevant professional and auditing standards.
- Experience with performing risk assessments and leveraging to prioritize workstreams.
- Ability to discuss complex issues with any level of management and influence perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report positioning and clarity.
- CAMS and/or other relevant certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification
- Start-up / early growth experience
- Previous experience in a high volume transactional payment environment
Paystack is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We’re committed to providing employees with a work environment that is progressive and open-minded. Our employment philosophy is to hire the best people and empower them to do the best work of their lives. Employment decisions are based on business needs and individual merit without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, gender, or age.