Mission: To develop financial and accounting functions from scratch, ensuring all income and expenses are recorded using the latest accounting standards and technology. Achieve 0% fraud or leakages. Ensure 99% minimum accuracy level in financial reporting and tax filing. Deliver unqualified audited financial statements every year for five years consecutively.
1. Develop Financial Reporting systems, processes and policies that ensure a 99% consistent accuracy level
- Maintain proper books of account and prepare financial statements in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Zero lateness in financial reporting and tax filing
- Analyse financial information and provide recommendations to management to drive the company’s growth
- Plan tax remittances, minimize tax payments and infractions and maintain solid relationships with the tax regulatory bodies
- Automate 99% manual processes and forms particularly relating to revenue collection and expense recording
2. Develop and maintain a robust and 99% effective system of Internal Control
- Achieve zero fraud or leakages.
- Develop global standard systems and ensure processes are built from fund requisition to disbursement.
- Ensure a 99% minimum accuracy level in safeguarding the company's assets.
3. Develop and implement effective capital and cash management policies.
- Design policies and procedures for petty cash, finance, and admin processes.
- Administer payrolls and manage income and expenditure
- Manage company’s accounts and ensure authentication and approval processes are followed.
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure and report to Board
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations at all times. Raise red flags where appropriate
- Automate 99% of these processes within year one.
4. Anchor Corporate Financial Planning and Analyses within the first 6-months of joining
- Compile and present reports, budgets, financial milestones, and long-range plans, ensuring alignment of proper resource allocation to Board and Management
- Develop models and conduct analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision making and create forward visibility
- Deploy reporting tools (bridges, scorecards, etc.) and key performance metrics to provide management insight into revenue and operating expense trends, track capital expenditure spending, subscriber growth, and potential risks/opportunities to forecast or plan
- Oversee monthly variance analysis of actual operating and capital expenditure, revenue vs. plan, forecast and prior year, including responsibility for driving cost control and revenue growth
5. Protect the finances of the company through all of the above metrics and
Establish and maintain relations with senior management, the external partners and key stakeholders
Strategically broker partnerships with relevant organisations to drive the financial success of the company and all investors
Attend Board meetings and present capital reports, budget and all financial report