- Provide financial direction, planning, and accounting, covering short and long-term financial goals.
- Follow standard accounting process for financial analysis and reporting activities.
- Monitor banking activities and ensure regular reconciliations of all banking transactions.
- Develop strategies, budgets, forecasts, and data to guide management decisions by forecasting, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Oversee the activities of external auditors, CBN, and NDIC examiners and ensure 100% compliance with set guidelines.
- Identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and other financial related problems.
- Ensure that financial reports comply with the International Financial reporting standard (IFRS) and constantly keeping abreast of developments in the space.
- Manage relationships with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. LIRS, FIRS, etc.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
- Ensure the integrity of financial management and accounting systems.
- HND/BSc/ in Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Microfinance Institution.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong presentation, budgeting and financial modeling skills.
- Ability to handle tight timelines, multiple priorities, in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills