- To oversee financial transaction processing and reconciliations within the organization, ensuring that robust controls are in operation and workloads are managed effectively.
- To regularly evaluate the operation of processes and controls and discuss with budget holders and/or senior management as necessary, making use of KPIs to monitor compliance.
- To lead compliance with Financial Procedures Manual, ensuring that all procedures and policies are business focused and communicated effectively.
- To collaborate with branches to ensure new income generation initiatives are incorporated for sound financial controls and efficient processes whilst meeting business needs.
- To develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture, focusing on efficient ways of working for both current and new processes.
- To lead the annual statutory year-end requirements, agreeing timetables and responsibilities with all involved, with the primary focus being to achieve a clean audit.
- To ensure that Management are provided with accurate, timely and relevant information.
- To maintain the day-to-day relationship with our banks and other financial organizations.
- To process all tax documents and ensure all tax obligations are meet and are in compliance with the law.
- To review and authorise the monthly payroll process, working with HR in maintaining an efficient service.
Strategic management and planning
- To support the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team in developing and producing strategic and business plans and work with them to develop a planned work programme for the organization.
- To co-ordinate and direct the management and delivery of organization-wide strategic projects and initiatives · To develop, foster and maintain effective relationships with all relevant external stakeholders and organizations.
- To provide effective management and leadership, and conduct performance and development reviews of staff managed, to ensure motivated performance, high quality service delivery and achievement of the business plan.
- To develop and support effective team working by staff managed.
- To ensure the proper management, reporting and reforecasting of controlled budgets, and participate in budgeting and financial management at departmental levels as required.
- To provide direct responsibility for compliance costs, such as external audit, property leases.
Skills required: -
- Must be familiar with the use of an ERP tool.
- Extensive knowledge of general, management and cost accounting, as well as auditing.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines.
- Industry experience is preferred.
The successful candidate should
- Have a BSc in Finance or Accounting with minimum of 6years experience.
- ICAN/ACCA certification mandatory.
Application closes Monday January 18th, 2021. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.