- Creates Tools and automated workflow capabilities in order to enable the organization’s software engineering teams to test and promote code across the development department
- Develop and promote system infrastructure best practice
- Coaching engineering teams on reusable tools and patterns e.g. deployment code for Jenkins, Octopus, Ansible, and Docker
- Build, configure and maintain frameworks, tools, and systems that enable optimal performance of the Government’s sites and software applications
- Lead the design and implementation of real-time monitoring systems.
- Work with backend and front-end engineering teams to reduce unnecessary tasks
- Development of Scripts to automate visualization as well as system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Manage source Control including SVN and Git.
- Bachelor degree or MSc in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing Linux based infrastructure
- Additional experience managing Command Line Git, Vagrant, and CI
- Must demonstrate skill working with Bash, Python, Java, Ruby & PowerShell
- Experience in automation configuration and application performance management tools such as Ansible, Netbackup, VMWare, NewRelic, and AppDynamics
- Experience supporting network protocols such as HTTP and DNS
- Must demonstrate a superior and practical understanding of accepted DevOps principles.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills able to develop strong meaningful and lasting relationships with others