You will work on :
- Ensuring compliance with local law and regulations for all products regarding KYC/AML requirements,
- Ensuring compliance with others 3rd party regulations
- Working with product teams to provide clear recommendations for the do’s and dont’s in building and maintaining our lending and banking products.
- Managing licensing processes for the firm,
- Managing other legal matters for the firm in the wider sense as long as falling under compliance,
- Advising the business on any anticipated legal and compliance risks when entering into business arrangements with partners, suppliers, agents and customers.
- You have at least 10 years cumulative legal/ compliance experience,
- You have a significative experience working in fintech (preferably in the lending sector),
- You have experience working in private practice in the financial services segment,
- You have experience working with KYC/AML requirements in Nigeria,
- You have experience working with regulators, especially CBN,
- You have legal experience in drafting and managing contracts.
- Qualified to practice in Nigeria is required
- (LLM is a plus)