- Head Nurse reporting to the Matron, will be involved in assessing, evaluating and setting nursing care standards and objectives for the ward
- This role will be in charge of organizing and carrying out a variety of administrative duties
- This individual will organize, compile and store all the notes on patients taken by their nursing team
- Often, they need to provide doctors with the relevant paperwork and information on the patients currently on treatment
- This individual will also be charged with the supervision of other nurses within their ward.
- Maintain and provide updates for all medical records and administer all routine tests and examinations for patients.
- Supervise and increase efficiency of staff, with direction from the Ward Manager.
- Manage all patients in units in the General Ward, provide and recommend most cost-effective methods.
- Assist physicians to conduct everyday rounds.
- Participate in periodic performance and evaluate performance improvement plans.
- Supervise work of nurses in the General Ward and provide required training.
- Administer all nursing services provided and ensure compliance to all joint commission guidelines and participate in various committees.
- Manage all communication with staff and associate ancillary departments.
- Organize and schedule all committee meetings and maintain efficient schedule for all nursing activities in General Ward.
- Implement scheduling for all shifts to ensure no overlapping and oversee all nursing facility according to hospital policies and manage all resources for same.
- Supervise all patient care activities and ensure adherence to all hospital policies to satisfy all patient requirement and evaluate all assignments for members of shifts and maintain all policies and procedures for nurses in General Ward.
- Implement quality assurance program for all nursing activities and maintain control standards
- Assist to resolve all issues in that ward.
- Provide orientation to all new employees and prepare training program with the guidance of Human Resources and Matron/Ward Manager.
- RN or RN/RM
- Bachelor of Nursing Science preferred
- Valid Licence – Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption Letter
- 5 years prior experience
- BLS certification preferred
- Proven ability to manage and evaluate nursing staff
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and handling stressful situations
- Talent for negotiation and collaboration.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Bonny Island (Not Limited to)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CVs, Cover Letter and Credentials) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.