- Identify innovative technology solutions, explore how these could be integrated to support the implementation of LAPO’s programs, and evaluate effectiveness.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology and provide updates to the organization on how innovations are being used across different sectors, and how these can be applied in LAPO to deliver cost-effective technology solutions.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems.
- Lead a team of IT staff, network administrators, software developers, infrastructure, application and systems administration, etc.
- Represent the ICT function at the senior level and contribute to the overall organizational strategy setting.
- Work with members of the executive and senior management teams bank-wide to oversee the management of change associated with implementing the ICT strategy.
- Develop and oversee the budget for ICT.
- Develop and execute a strategy for engaging vendors and partners for the achievement of organizational objectives. This includes building and leveraging a network of technology leads.
- Facilitate communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the organization.
- Be responsible for the operational management of multiple information and communications systems and projects.
- Design, implement, and evaluate the systems that support end users in the productive use of ICT.
- Develop and implement user-training programs.
- Overall responsibility of ensuring the smooth running of the core banking system
- Develop and build internal capacity for the management and administration of the CBS and or systems in the bank
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
- Identifying & Designing training programs and workshops for IT staff
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with ED, Business support Division
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget
- Manage all aspects of the implementation and operation of information and functional systems for the organization, including software applications, network, systems and end-user computers
- Providing direction for IT team members
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate policies and procedures for all areas of information technology to assure data accuracy, security, legal and regulatory compliance; assure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Implement, maintain, and ensure maximum uptime for core banking system and other relevant IT services within the organization
- Ensure security of information technology assets, data, network access, and backup systems and supervise agreed audits to verify the security of internal and external systems
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
Graduate degree in a relevant subject or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training.
Strong facilitation, consultation, and convening skills and experience. Training experience a plus
Confidence in presenting to various audiences, in English
Excellent levels of spoken and written English and experience preparing reports
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trust and productive relationships
Well-organized, with strong process management skills and an ability to establish and work to priorities
Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
Effective vendor and partner management.
Design, management, and operation of managed IT systems.
Business process analysis and redesign.
The integration of financial and other management information systems.
5+ years of experience in a senior technology leadership role
Experience with project and financial management information systems.
Specific experience in technology strategy setting, change management, project/program management, and financial information management systems are necessary.
Experience in leading and building distributed teams bank-wide.
Experience in leading complex and time-sensitive ICT projects.
Experience in developing technology products directly and/or using technology in an innovative way to make change happen.
Applied experience in implementing innovative solutions to technical challenges